Thursday 7 February 2013

This just in!

The other day I did my second batch of protein bars. This time I used protein powder flavour strawberry I bought new. Had one banana in and in the store I found this Stevia you use instead of sugar to still make it sweet but not as bad as normal sugar (but it's still bloody sweet I'll tell ya).

"Stevia is a genus of about 240 species of herbs and shrubs in the sunflower family (Asteraceae), 
native tosubtropical and tropical regions from western North America to South America. 
The species Stevia rebaudiana, commonly known as sweetleafsweet leafsugarleaf, or simply stevia
is widely grown for its sweet leaves.
 As a sweetener and sugar substitute, stevia's taste has a slower onset and longer duration 
than that of sugar, although some of its extracts may have a bitter or
 licorice-like aftertaste at high concentrations"




They turned out good yet again, but only more sweet and moist. Haven't really been eating a lot of them though as I've turned to drinking protein powder after my workouts, but are great for a snack.
I might do an other batch this weeken tough.


No comments: